A veritable gift of nature, the volcanic rock shaped by the hand of man reveals all its qualities into the architecture of highland towns and villages: “burons”, “barriades”, block-farms, town houses, churches, bread ovens, medieval crosses...
Be amazed at the contrast offered by granite, lighter in colour and more solid, found in the Margeride and the Aubrac ... A great opportunity for a stroll and to enjoy the sweetness of life.
• Not to be missed :
- Chaudes-Aigues, spa town with the spring of the Par (82 ° C)
- Saint-Flour, medieval town, city of Art and History
- Pierrefort, a mountain village set in the hills of the Cantal Volcano with its very own highland character
- Massiac and Blesle, towns with a certain southern charm in the Alagnon valley
- Ruynes en Margeride, Chaliers and Saint Just, typical villages of the Margeride granitic mountain massif.
- Saint Urcize on the Aubrac plateau
- Orcières de Neuvéglise and Coltines, characteristic villages of the volcanic plateau of the Planèze.