The Pays de Massiac is characterised by varied landscapes:
• Three valleys with their rivers: the Alagnon, the Sianne and the Arcueil
• Vast plateaus near the Monts du Cantal, the Cézallier and the Margeride with some higher peaks.
• It is also dotted with “sucs”, volcanic vents bearing witness of a major volcanic past.
Gastronomy & Fun Activities in Pays de Massiac!
The Pays de Massiac invites you to sample its locally produced specialities and to discover the variety of leisure activities on offer in the area.
The macaroon, a round biscuit with a unique nutty flavour, is an emblem of the Pays de Massiac. Its recipe is a well kept secret!
Follow the interpretation trail through the Palhàs (cultivation terraces) and discover the local produce: wines, cordials, herb teas, herbs...In the Pays de Massiac, you can also experience recreational activities which are accessible to all:
• Follow the Way of Saint-James with its 2 trails in the Pays de Massiac: Massiac / Molompize and Molompize/Ferrieres Saint Mary and enjoy the varied landscapes and the wealth of the local heritage.
During the summer, do not miss the Saint-James Thursdays organized hikes with a different theme each year!
• The Tourist Office offers a fun way to get to know the Pays de Massiac through car rallies: riddle mystery tours with historical and legendary discoveries.
• Finally, relax on the banks of our rivers in the Allagnon, the Sianne or the Arcueil Gorges. Try your hand at fishing and discover the biodiversity of the environment!
Welcome to the Pays de Massiac!