A hot water city
Located between the Cantal’s mountains and the Aubrac plateau, close from the Truyère Gorges and a few kilometers from the city of Saint-Flour, Chaudes-Aigues is the unique SPA resort in entire Cantal and is clearly a cool destination for everyone in the family.
This water cure flagstone-roofed city built in stones is appreciated for its human size and its exceptional natural setting.
“From 82 degrees.”
32 hot sources spring there but the most famous one is undoubtedly the source of Par which has always been a curiosity for all connoisseurs. These Mineral waters with antalgic and relaxing properties are promoted by the Caleden thermoludic center. Besides rheumatology thermal cures, a large choice of treatments are proposed, from fitness programs to Spa and well-being sessions. Families have the chance to bathe in the thermoludic space which is accessible to children from 9 months.
Must things to do
- The source of Par, the hottest in Europe (82° celcius)
- The hot water washing place (source Lestande, 62°C)
- Geothermia: the museum of thermalism and geothermal energy
- Oratories presenting the Patron Saints of the city’s neighborhoods
- Chapel of the Penitent ones and its remarkable retable (in season)
Chaudes-Aigues is synonymous with water, relaxation and well-being. It is also a place to entertain yourself and to get some fresh air in a land of multiple activities :
- The Big Fair of May 8th
- The “Rand’Aubrac”’s full course, a festive and greedy hike, on the beginning of June
- The Festival of the Choirs of august, every two years
You may also like
- Cook an egg in 15 minutes with the source of Par !
- Warm up yourself during winter time in the heart of Saint-Blaise’s/Saint-Martin’s Church, which was constructed above a source of hot water.
- Discover products of our Terroir such as cheeses, delicatessen, honey, fruits and vegetables on the monday morning market ( and don’t forget the special producers market on wednesdays late afternoons from mid-June to mid-September…)
- Let yourself bask for a few hours in the Caleden thermoludic center.
- Our pleasure garden with our brand new wonderful tree course.
- Reach the castle of Couffour for a gourmet journey at the Serge Vieira’s table, owner of a two-stars classified restaurant in the famous Michelin red guide book.
- Or maybe just to sit down at his new bistronomical place called « Sodade » in downtown Chaudes-Aigues ?
- And please, do not forget to enjoy ours beautiful nature and landscapes of the Aubrac plateau and of the Truyère gorges !
Information – Chaudes-Aigues Tourist Office – Phone. +33 4 71 23 52 75 – Email